Monday, October 20, 2008

Its a ...Marine?

Hey everyone,
So we had a really exciting week...first off we found out that we are having a BOY! We are so excited! The due date is still March 24th and everything looks great. We have been so blessed to have healthy babies and pregnancies and are grateful again that everything seems to be great.
Another awesome thing that happened this week was Alex's birthday. I can't believe that he is 8! This means baptism, cub scouts, and more independence. Holy cow it really does go fast. I used to roll my eyes when "old" people would say things about how fast life flies by, but now I am one of those "old" people. Thank you everyone who sent cards and gifts for Alex. We really have a great family and appreciate all you do for us.




We had a really fun "Marine Corps Boot Camp" birthday party for Alex. First the kids had to eat dirt and worms (crushed oreos and gummy worms) as to get accustomed to eating like a Marine. Then they had an obstacle course Sam set up in the yard with laser beams, target practice, grenade throwing, and rope swinging. It was a blast! Our niece Tayah ended up winning against all those boys! GIRL POWER!



Sam has been back and forth from Chicago for a few weeks and it really has been a challenge for me to keep up. On top of that he has "wood badge" training for two weekends. I seriously don't know how single moms do it...it will be fantastic to have him back home for good for a while:) All is well here...hope all is well with you.
Love you all,
The Fosters

9 comments:

Lhone said...

Brandon had so much fun! I love the pic of him growling at the camera...hee hee. Thanks for inviting him.

John and Charese said...

It was a great party! And so excited it is a BOY! You know if you need anything we are down the street and are happy to help at the ring of the phone! :) LOVE YA!

DBMPSchiffman said...

I am so excited that you are having a boy. Paige was upset that she couldn't come and play with everyone. We didn't want to get everyone sick. Yuck! It sounded like the party was a hit. Love you.

5-against-1 said...

Josie...that is so awesome!! Congrats on the BOY news, now you have two of each. It was meant to be. Alex's party looked really fun!!

Ayrion said...

Hi babe! Wow I didn't know how crazy life has been for you....gee...where have I been....probably in my own little world as usual! Like I said, it sounds like it has been CrAzY at your place, but a lot of fun! Talk to you in a few!

Kyle, Adrienne and Hayden said...

What a great mom you are! That party looked AWESOME. I can't believe how old Alex is- he's already a little man! I miss you and hope you're doing well! Love ya- AD

Makell said...

I can't believe Alex is 8 - that was a big b-day for me when Eva turned 8 because it felt like we were moving out of little kid stage into a new one and I didn't even realize we were there already.
His party looked awesome - love the cake!
oh yes - and CONGRATS on your little boy~~!!

BlaineUSA said...

Wow! B.T. (Brandon) is WAY too good at looking "Bad-A"

I know it's been a while ago, but thanks for having him over.

Foster's said...

alex is the coolest name ever